Let’s go for Installing Joomla
To start a Joomla installation on a web server, first you need to download the Joomla installation package. We recommend that you download Joomla only from the official website of the application – Joomla.org. If you download the Joomla 3 installation package from other than the official one, there is a risk of malicious code in the setup files.
Once you click on the Download button for the latest Joomla version, the installation package will be saved to your hard disk. Locate the installation package (should be named Joomla_3.0.3-Stable-Full_Package.zip or similar) that you’ve just downloaded and extract it to a new folder.
Upload the Joomla Files to Your Server to Installing Joomla
Now, you need to upload the extracted files and folders to your web server. The easiest way to upload the Joomla start files is via FTP. For elaborate assemblage on how to upload files via FTP. If you want your Joomla 3 to be the main installation on your account and to be accessible through your main domain (i.e. www.mydomain.com), you need to upload the extracted files to your public_html folder. If you want to access Joomla on a subfolder of your domain (i.e. www.mydomain.com/joomla) you should upload it to the appropriate subdirectory (i.e. public_html/joomla/).
Make a MySQL Database for Joomla to Installing Joomla
Next, you need to create a MySQL database and assign a user to it with full permissions. For detailed instructions on how to do that, please follow the steps described in our tutorial on How to Create MySQL Username and Database. Once you create your MySQL Database and User, make sure you write down the database name, database username and password you’ve just created. You will need those for the installation process.
Go Through the Installation Process to Installing Joomla
If you have uploaded the installation files, simply open your browser and navigate to your main domain (i.e. http://mydomain.com), or to the appropriate subdomain (i.e http://mydomain.com/joomla), depending where you have uploaded the Joomla installation package. Once you do that, you will be taken to the first screen of the Joomla Web Installer. On the first step of the installation process, you need to add the necessary information about your site and your administrative username.
- Position Identify: Get the call of your position. Most templates present use this for the freshman line of your forefinger.
- Description: Add a short description of your website. It depends on your guide if and where this text would be displayed.
- Admin Telecommunicate: Commence a valid email address. It present be utilized for watchword exploit and method messages.
- Admin Username: Your administrative username. Satisfy superior a unequaled username, kinda than “admin” or “chief” since those are ofttimes study to cyberpunk attacks.
- Admin Password: Add a password as strong as achievable.
- Position Offline: Select whether your place should be taken offline after you realized the start. For the aim of this tutorial we present yield this alternative set to NO (site module be resilient after installing).
- Once you work in all the required comic, pressing the Next fasten to speak with the instalment.
On the incoming concealment, you will eff to save the needful collection for your MySQL database.
- Database Identify: By nonremittal this continuance is set to MySQLi. Leaving it that way, MySQLi is an optimised variant of the regular MySQL database and it is subsidised on SiteGround servers.
- Innkeeper Analyze: Erstwhile again, departure the default localhost consider.
- Username: Save the username for your MySQL database (Intend to Manoeuvre 3).
- Countersign: Turn in the secret for the database username (Research to Step 3).
- Database Identify: Begin the appoint of the MySQL database you necessary to use (Intend to Support 3).
- Fare Prefix: Joomla will add this prefix to all of its database tables. This is multipurpose if you poorness to legion tenfold Joomla sites on a lonesome database. You should forbear the fail value.
- Old Database Operation: If you tally any existing databases, choose what to do with the existing tables that are required by the installer. The options are to vanish or approving any existing assemblage that’s near to be replaced. We propose that you going this deciding set to Approving since it is the safest selection.
After you follow all the needful collection, advise the Incoming fasten to speak for Installing Joomla.
You give be forwarded to the ultimate author of the installing affect. On this attender, you can specialize if you requirement any ingest information installed on your computer. For beginners, we suggest you to opt the Nonremittal Try assemblage alternative since it testament provide as an example/backbone, that you can use to increase your existent website. Banknote that you can delete all sampling articles, menus, etc. at any minute from Installing Joomla.
The second part of the page will show you all pre-installation checks. The SiteGround servers meet all Joomla requirements and you will see a green check after each line.
Finally, hit the Install button to start the actual Joomla installation. In a few minutes you will be redirected to the last screen of the Joomla Web Installer.
On the last screen of the Installing Joomla process you need to press the Remove installation folder button. This is required for security reasons, so no one can reinstall your existing site later on. Note that Joomla won’t let you use your site unless you remove this folder completely! its Enough for Installing Joomla .